Transitioning Exams to Other Forms of Assessment (Part I)
Date and Time
This two-part workshop offers an opportunity to discuss the current challenges with your exams, explore alternative assessments that could replace your exams and align with your student learning outcomes, and create an assignment outline for your new assessment.
Ideal for faculty and instructors who:
- Want to explore different forms of assessment in their course instead of traditional closed-book exams, begin constructing a new assignment outline
- Want feedback from colleagues on assessment types they are considering and share ideas about assessment types they have tried
- Reflect on the exams in previous offerings of your course to identify and discuss the challenges associated with it.
- Collaboratively brainstorm with colleagues to address challenges, and pose questions related to transitioning your exams.
- Evaluate alternative assessment types.
- Select an assessment type that aligns with your course learning outcomes.
- Construct an assignment outline that includes clear instructions for students.