AVPA SoTL Grant Submission Guidelines
Your 2023 AVPA SoTL Grant Submission consists of the following three components that must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00pm April 10th , 2023:
- The proposal (maximum 8 pages long using the downloadable proposal form)
- Signed letters of support
- The proposal budget (using the downloadable budget template)
1. PROPOSAL DETAILS
Your proposal must be completed using the fillable proposal template provided and fit within the 8-page limit. Proposals are considered complete when signed and accompanied by the budget and signed letters of support.
Proposals consist of the following sections:
i) Literature Background / Rationale
This section should demonstrate that the project is grounded in and builds on prior research, and describe how the literature has informed your ideas about this project, including:
- A review of what related research has been done previously
- The knowledge gap in the literature that you intend to address, or how the project will advance current thinking about the topic
ii) Research Question(s) and Impact
This section includes:
- A clear articulation and framing of the guiding question(s) of the project, aligned with your rationale and supporting evidence
- The anticipated impact of the project on the field of Teaching and Learning
iIi) Research Methodology
This section should provide a detailed research plan including:
- A clear description of how the research design is linked to the project rationale and research question(s)
- Detailed steps/activities that will be required to complete the project, demonstrating feasibility
- A description of how you plan to analyze your data
- Considerations of working with human subjects (if applicable, e.g. Research Ethics guidelines)
iv) A timeline with project milestones
This section should clearly outline the anticipated project milestones and dates, aligned with the project methodology. This timeline should address the complete lifecycle of the project, including all steps discussed in the methodology, project closure, and dissemination.
Successful SoTL Grant projects are required to present findings back at the University of Guelph’s annual Teaching and Learning Innovations Conference.
v) A description of the role of each co-investigator and their contribution to the project (as applicable)
vi) Signatures of the applicant, chair or director and any co-investigators
2. LETTERS OF SUPPORT DETAILS
Each project collaborator must write and sign a letter of support. Letters should outline what the collaborator will contribute to the project and a clear agreement to support the project.
Principal Investigators are advised to submit all letters of support along with the proposal and budget files. If collaborators submit support letters directly, the letters must include the Project Title and Principal Investigator’s name in order to be considered.
3. BUDGET DETAILS
Your proposal budget must be completed using the budget template provided and be as detailed as possible. Include a clear budget outline of how funds will be used, as well as all associated travel expenses and funds received from other sources. Your project budget should also include (if applicable) descriptions of any in-kind contributions, and other project funding such as donations, grants, etc.