Programs and Certificates
The Office of Teaching and Learning offers a variety of accredited and non-accredited programs and certificates for faculty, instructional staff, sessional instructors, graduate students and post-doctoral scholars at the University of Guelph. Collectively, these programs and certificates provide a variety of opportunities to acquire new skills, gather peer-based feedback, and discover a network of like-minded individuals within our institutional community. Below is a list of our current programs and further details.
Programs and certificates for faculty and instructional staff
- Faculty Teaching Development Program (FTDP)
- Inquire: The Inquire University of Guelph Certificate in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- EnLITE: The accredited certificate in Educational Leadership in Teaching Excellence (EnLITE).
- Course Re-Design Institute (CrDI)
- ISW/FDW: The Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) Program and the Facilitator's Development Workshop
Programs and certificates for graduate students
- GSUTD: Graduate Student University Teaching Development Day. For the past decade, the Graduate Teaching Community (GTC) has hosted the Graduate Student University Teaching Conference (GSUTC) in OpenEd at the end of the summer. In 2019, for the first time, the GTC in the Office of Teaching and Learning launched the Graduate Student University Teaching Development (GSUTD). GSUTD is a day-long development program dedicated to teaching and learning for University of Guelph graduate students.
By the end of GSUTD, participants will be able to:
- Feel more confident and prepared as a teaching assistant in higher education
- Identify and implement diverse evidence-based teaching strategies
- Connect with teaching peers to develop a teaching community for support and advice as well as for sharing challenges and successes in teaching
- Locate resources to support teaching assistantship work, growth, and success at the University of Guelph
The GSUTD 2019 took place on August 28th, 2019. Keep an eye out for upcoming information on GSUTD 2020!
- Faculty Teaching Development Program Outline
- University Teaching Foundations
- ISW/FDW: The Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) Program and the Facilitator’s Development Workshop
- Graduate Teaching Community (GTC)