At the Office of Teaching and Learning, we incorporate and advocate for reflective practice, learner-centred instructional development, and encourage innovative teaching approaches in the classroom. As a brand new or returning teaching assistant (TA) the following topics will help you get started on a variety of teaching and learning strategies to further enhance or expand your instructional practices.
- For an overview of all the OTL teaching and learning resources – please see:
Teaching and Learning Approaches
- Ideas to help build report, student connection and a classroom community, and to engage learners as well as facilitating discussion:
- Inclusive teaching incorporates how we establish and sustain teaching and learning environments in which all learners and instructors can participate fully in the teaching and learning process:
- One framework for lesson planning is “BOPPPS,” which is an acronym that stands for “bridge-in,” “Outcomes,” Pre-assessment,” “Participatory activities,” “Post-assessment,” and “Summary”:
- For in-person courses:
- For remote courses:
Other resources you may find useful:
- University of Waterloo – Teaching Tips:
- University of Calgary – Teaching resources:
- York University – Teaching resource:
No results found.