Transitioning Exams to Other Forms of Assessment
Date and Time
This workshop offers an opportunity to discuss the current challenges with your exams, explore alternative assessments that could replace your exams and align with your student learning outcomes, and share pros, cons, and strategies for different assessment approaches.
Ideal for faculty and instructors who:
- Want to explore different forms of assessment in their course instead of traditional closed-book exams
- Want to gather ideas and feedback from colleagues that have tried various assessment strategies and/or are considering similar strategies and approaches
- Identify the challenges associated with the use of exams in previous course offerings.
- Explore different approaches to replacing exams with alternative assessments
- Evaluate alternative assessment options for your course through session materials and discussions with colleagues.